Short film analysis 2 : Instead of Abracadabra



Here is a short film I found on "Short of the Week".  It links very closely with my idea I had in mind, however it focuses more on comedy than I want to in my film, as I want to create a darker vibe. The character they have constructed is nerdy/geeky he still lives at home even though he's a grown man, he does magic and doesn't have a girlfriend, immediately making us feel sympathy for him. However he is likeable and the majority of the audience watching can relate in some way to him. His parents lack of enthusiasm is another tool used to make us feel sympathy for him but also to create comedy. We admire his efforts in charming the girl next door as he does so successfully even though making a fool of himself whilst doing so. This is part 1 of the overall short film which is around 20-23 mins long. This is a great example of how to construct character and I will take it into consideration when developing and casting my actor...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prop list

Abracadabra target audience

Casting - other characters