Abracadabra script feedback

After getting feedback on the first draft of my script for my short film, Abracadabra, I have more of an idea of how to improve my idea. Although, my film is a joke structure, so the twist at the end (Ben making his parents disappear with magic, despite not being able to do magic tricks before), I have been adviced to have it make more sense, so his sudden ability to do magic, isn't too out of the blue. Him making his parents disappear will be unexpected to the audience, but there should also be an instance of him finally being able to do a trick, after previously failing. Although, I'm not sure about the idea of Ben having a magical dream, which guides him how to do magic. I think the twist at the end would have more of an effect if everything was conventional and realistic, before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prop list

Abracadabra target audience

Casting - other characters